So I watched Inception.


3 times.

I don't think I need to say anymore. This movie rocks. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a while, and proof that Christopher Nolan is God in disguise.

Most people say it's a mindfuck, and it is, in a way. But it is not a mindfuck in the way that say, Dune, was. The plot is extremely complex, but it's also extremely well planned, explained and executed. I don't think many people leave the theater feeling that they didn't understand anything about it.

The first 30 minutes or so of the movie are used to explain Inception's world, its rules, and introducing the characters. After the main plot kicks in, it's a non-stop barrage of AWESOMENESS shot at your brain every single second the movie is running. It's a movie you can't stop watching until the credits start to roll in.

Inception brought what was good about the matrix and multiplied it tenfold. It's an action flick with a brain, and with respect for its viewers. It doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator, spouting CGI all over the place for the sake of it. Instead, the special effects are used with conscience, and with purpose. In fact, this movie isn't heavy on CGI at all. Most of the effects aren't CGI, and that makes the action scenes feel even more awesome.

With Inception I've confirmed a few things. First. Nolan is a director that I can trust. Second, movies like this make me feel sad for the industry as a whole. So much crap is churned out every year... like Last airbender! (Yes I don't think I can make a review without mentioning this turd anymore), and so few masterpieces like this one, yet people still go to watch the shit that guys like M Night crap... It's mind boggling. Third: in spite of Hollywood trying to prove it otherwise with every movie released, Great action flicks CAN be made.

Bottom line: Inception Rocks, Nolan Rocks, and you all should support movies like this.

On another (GREAT) news, I got my Cataclysm Beta Key yesterday, so I'll be enjoying (And giving feedback) on all the new stuff in Cata. I'lll probably talk about it all here as well!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment